Tn – North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta) Professional

Trader or investor status can be granted to an applicant, but not both. When an applicant is unsure of their status or status, all sections of the application form must be completed. (For more information on the application form, see sections 5.2 and 6.2) A consular officer will interview you to determine your qualifications for a TN visa. Additional documents may be requested to determine if you are qualified. For example, additional documents requested may contain evidence of your intention to leave the United States after professional employment under NAFTA. Proof of your family ties may be sufficient to show your intention to return to your home country. The ease of entry after NAFTA allows a professional to apply for an POE. An application can also be submitted to a visa office before leaving for Canada. The TN is a temporary work visa status for citizens of Canada and Mexico, introduced under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Under this agreement, a citizen of one NAFTA country may work in a professional occupation in another NAFTA country, provided that the training is agreed in advance with a Canadian employer and must be professionally worked. Participation does not allow seminar directors to take training that has not been agreed in advance with a Canadian employer. The spouse and dependent children under the age of 21[1] of a TN professional may apply for TD status (TD-1 for family members of a Canadian citizen or TD-2 for family members of a Mexican worker). TD status cannot be granted longer than the period granted to the primary licensee of TN. [1] A declaration of a final intention on the part of an applicant to return to the United States. or Mexico, when the status of trader ends, is normally accepted as sufficient proof of temporary intent, unless there are signs to the contrary. To expand trade, individuals must have access to the country of the other country to sell, provide goods or services, or to trade and invest. Chapter 16 of NAFTA, entitled “Temporary Entry for Business Persons”, contains mechanisms for certain categories of temporary agency workers to access the markets of the other. U.S. and Mexican citizens may also apply for professional status in Canada after being eligible to enter Canada as temporary residents [R199].

While NAFTA only provides for after-sales situations, general provision for trade visitors R187, under which this section is implemented by NAFTA, allows individuals to enter into both sales and leasing contracts. Appliances or machinery leased or leased by a company outside of Canada are not covered by after-sales service. For computer software, “purchase” includes a license agreement. A U.S. or Mexican citizen permanently residing in Canada is not allowed to bring an employee under merchant status to Canada. Similarly, shares of a company or other business organization owned by a U.S. or Mexican citizen permanently residing in Canada cannot be taken into account in determining majority ownership in order to qualify the company as a trader for employee involvement. . . .

Comments are closed.